Now, let me tell you, I've never been a big fan of bold lip colours. I'm more into nude glossy hues with very subtle hints of colour. But something changed in the past few days, and it's all because of Penelope Garcia (the technical analyst of BAU in the TV series Crimininal Minds)! Yes, I'm watching a bit too much of that lately, but more than the horrific scenes of murder and blood, what has left a mark in my mind is Garcia's eccentric style statement! What may come as a surprise is that she's not one of the sultry bombshell types, she a plump, nerdy chatterbox of a technical analyst, but her stylist sure did a fantastic job in making her stand out! She's always dressed in a kaleidoscope of colours, all of which stand out, and yet, never clash! She wears huge statement jewellery pieces like pendants and cuffs and rings and accessorizes her hair, the colour of which is always changing by the way, with attention-grabbing headbands. And my, she colours her lips in the boldest of hues! Fiery red one day, hot pink the next and a flaming orange yet another. And to my surprise, I've been finding myself wanting a similar look for me in the near future!
Yep that's her!
I don't know whether I have the personality or the guts to pull this look off, but I think I'm going to give it a try! For the past few days, I've been craving to break the monotony of my everyday look and try something different. So these are stuff I plan to incorporate into my looks for the coming spring/summer :
1) Bold lip colours (fuchsia, scarlet, orange, hot pink...i would like to try them all! I'm especially attracted to the sassy fuchsia, i don't know why. The colour is very out there, rebellious and loud, yet so feminine and cheery! Yes, I'm in love with fuchsia at the moment )
2) Dramatic eyes ( I'm a big fan of eyeliners in green and blue)
3) Funky statement jewellery ( I love large rings and neck pieces, so I guess I'll get me some nice new ones)
4) Everyday wear in bright, eyecatching colours, not the usual pastels I try to stick to every summer
5) A dramatic short haircut ( I haven't cut my hair short in a really long time, and I'm itching to get a short bob soon)
Well, I guess I shouldn't dare more than this, or else it just might be too much too fast. But right now, I'm really looking forward to breaking out of my mould and trying something new, something daring and conspicuous with my looks soon. Let's see how that works out. Wish me luck!