Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I long, as does every human being, to be at home wherever I find myself.


I don’t have much to say today, but I just wanted to share this song with you. This song has been playing over and over again in my I-pod, in the car and in my head so I thought it deserves a place in my blog too; for this song does the perfect job of saying what I think I want to say now. Go ahead click on the link and give it a listen then.




And here are the lyrics below. Just felt like writing out the words:

"Another summer day
has come and gone away
In Paris or Rome...
but I wanna go home
...uhm Home
may be surrounded by
a million people I
still feel all alone
just wanna go home
I miss you, you know

And I've been keeping all the letters
that I wrote to you,
Each one a line or two
I'm fine baby, how are you?
I would send them but I know that it's just not enough
My words were cold and flat
And you deserve more than that

Another aeroplane, another sunny place,
I'm lucky I know
but I wanna go home
I got to go home

Let me go home

I'm just too far from where you are
I wanna come home


And I feel just like I'm living
someone else's life
It's like I just stepped outside
when everything was going right
And I know just why you could not come along with me
This was not your dream
but you always believed in me...

Another winter day
Has come and gone away
in either Paris or Rome
and I wanna go home
Let me go home

And I'm surrounded by
A million people I
still feel alone
Let me go home
I miss you , you know

Let me go home
I've had my run
baby I'm done
I gotta go home

Let me go home
it'll all be alright
I'll be home tonight
I'm coming back home"

Title credit: Maya Angelou

3 comments:

IceMaiden said...

I heard this song way back in 2009, and it has never left my list. I find it soothing and sad at the same time..

I long to not be at home, always keep moving.. :)

Anonymous said...

Nice song. Says it all, doesn't it......L

nil said...

Bublé's music makes sense to a cluttered mind and works in a way that puts magic to shame, yes. :)

Post a Comment