Monday, May 07, 2012

Three


I’ve recently learnt (the hard way) that only when we are faced with turmoil in our life, we learn to appreciate the good times that we once passed by oh-so-nonchalantly. And similarly, the not-so-genuine friends we have around us teach us to appreciate the value of true warmth and friendship that we sometimes tend to take for granted.

One such ‘friend’ recently erased her name from my list of close friends. Let’s not get into the ‘why’ and ‘how’, what matters is the whole incident gave my brain a thorough shaking and made me sit up and take stock of my life around me. What I realized was not disheartening at all. The friends I still have around me (albeit, very few) genuinely love and care for me like I do for them. My two best friends from childhood are still there with me in every step of life, in spirit, if not physically. And there's another one, very special to me and very close to my heart for she's more like me than anyone else I've ever met was/is. She's like a soul sister, a confidante who relates to every word I say and makes me feel like my thoughts are not as insane as I reckon them to be. I'm very lucky to have these three very special ladies in my life, and I cherish them more now that I have realized such strong bonds are not to be taken for granted.

Three may not be a big number, but it’s more than enough for me. And just three will be enough to carry me through a lifetime.

0 comments:

Post a Comment