Monday, February 21, 2011

The sun, the sand, the sea and us

I find is hard to believe that more than a week has passed since my last post on V-day. I missed my blog a lot, and I missed reading all of yours too. For a person like me, who feels the constant urge to put down in words whatever is crossing my mind, 8 days is a long time. However, it's not like I was gone for no reason. The past weekend was a long time, 2 public holidays back to back added to the weekend to give us time for a mini-vacation, and we leaped at the opportunity! So, hubby and I along with two of our friends headed to the sunny shores of Cox's Bazar, the beautiful beach city of our country boasting the longest beach in the world (120km of absolutely dazzling sandy beach)! And what a trip it was!

The mini-vacation turned out to be everything we had hoped it would be. Frolic and foolishness in the huge waves, lavish relaxation on the beach chairs, sufficient adventure with a cave exploration and abundance of romance with long walks along the moonlit beach (we were lucky to be in Cox's Bazar during the full moon nights) were the perfect makings of a memorable trip. We also visited a secluded island near Cox's Bazar, and it was breathtaking! And of course, the food! For lovers of seafood, Cox's Bazar is heaven! All in all, it was the perfect weekend getaway I had been craving for a long time. Here are some pictures from the trip:


Posing at the beach
On the speedboat, on our way to Shonadiya island

Couldn't fight the urge to do this :)



We climbed a hill to watch the sunset!


    
View from the top



At Mermaid Cafe, a beautiful beach cafe



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures... I miss Cox's and it's shutki bhorta... haha.

Chandana said...

lovely pics! the place sounds great!

Purple Butterfly said...

Thanks Tooki Apu! I'm not a fan of shutki, but I love all the other bhortas they have there :D You'll love Cox's even more now, it has changed so much over the last 2 years!
@Chandana,thanks. You should definitely keep Cox's Bazar in your list of places to visit, since you love travelling. You won't be disappointed.

Nas said...

Hey!
I'm new to your blog, and thought I'd actually write something.

Lovely pictures btw, from Cox Bazaar is meant to be a beautiful place from what I've heard :)

&& it seems like you had a lovely time tooooo

Nas
:)

Karishma said...

wow.. hope i'll go to this place someday.. and the trip seems so romantic!!

Purple Butterfly said...

I'm very sorry for replying so late!
Thanks for going through my blog and following it, Nas and Ginger :)
I hope u guys do come down to this beautiful place some day, you will surely find the trip very worthwhile indeed :)

Post a Comment